1 Billion Dollar Spurgeon

One Billion Dollar Bill

Last night the Silver Slipper Casino opened its doors in storm ravaged Lakeshore. Thousands of cars stretched for miles down Lakeshore Road crawling at a snails pace in front of our church property. Instead of bemoaning the traffic, we decided to seized the providential evangelistic opportunity. Our friends from Riverside Fellowship Church lined the street handing out 1 Billion Dollar bills and “Stop sign” tracts to the Casino bound traffic. The almost realistic looking bills boast the image of Charles Spurgeon on the front and a short gospel presentation on the back. Folks looking to win big on opening night gobbled up the good news currency.

Jamie and I went for higher stakes and ventured into the Casino itself. Strolling through the 26 table games, nine poker tables, and 1,000 slot machines, I offered 1 billion dollars to anyone interested. Only a hand-full of people declined. Most grinned, laughed, and thanked me for the “souvenir.” Several people even chased me down and asked if they could have one. The ATM line seemed especially eager to cash in. I distributed about 800 billion dollars before a Slipper employee requested I cease and desist.

The back of the bill reads:

The billion dollar question: Will you go to Heaven? Here’s a quick test. Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything, or used God’s name in vain? Jesus said, “Whoever looks upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultery already with her in his heart.” Have you looked with lust? Will you be guilty on Judgment Day? If you have done those things God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart. The Bible warns that if you are guilty you will end up in Hell. That’s not God’s will. He sent His Son to suffer and die on the cross for you. Jesus took your punishment upon Himself -”For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” Then He rose from the dead and defeated death. Please, repent (turn from sin) today and trust in Jesus, and God will grant you everlasting life. Then read your Bible daily and obey it.

15 comments on “1 Billion Dollar Spurgeon

1. Great opportunity, way to grab the opportunity. In today’s society, few are willing to risk the scorn to agressively share God’s Word.

2. Fran Cummings on said:

To God be the Glory!!! Pastor Don, only you and Jamie would think of this. Not only are you witnessing to the people of Lakeshore, but to people from everywhere. This is just part of God’s mighty plan.

3. Paula on said:

ABSOLUTELY!!! When I first read about the casino opening in Lakeshore, my heart was saddened. But then I thought about those people sitting in their cars as they sat in front of the church compound + the FEMA trailer park + how they would have to notice what was going on around them. This is God at work! Once again, Don + Jamie, thank you for being His obedient Servants.

4. Betsy Serral on said:

What A great idea of how to share God’s word with people! I’m sure you and Jamie effected many lives that day. I don’t know many people that would take advantage of such a great opportunity.

5. Marlyn Brokenshire on said:

Cease the moment! Just as Katrina tried to wear you down, but only resulted in God’s kingdom coming back stronger than ever, so it will be with this scheme of our enemy. What he means for evil God, through His faithful ones will turn around for His eternal Glory! And due to the LONG lines of traffic, they will have lots of time to think on the message! Way to think under pressure Pastro Don. We continue to rejoice in His works being completed in Lakeshore! He must have a huge smile on His precious face about now!!

6. aydin on said:

can you help me i have that dollar ( one billion dollar ) with serial number = jn 316777az but i cant exchang it…i wanna to know how can i do that ..my email is aydin.mcse@hotmail.com …i thank you for your help

7. hosein on said:

can you help me i have that dollar ( one billion dollar ) with serial number = jn 316777az but i cant exchang it…i wanna to know how can i do that ..my email is hosein.saerhaos@yahoo.com …i thank you for your help

8. Gar on said:

Cool! Is there a 1,000,000,000,000,000 dollar bill?

9. cristian on said:

i also have one of that bill can u help me exchange it please live an answer gucci_occident21@yahoo.com

10. paucy on said:

i have that also..one billion dollar.how can i change it?

11. frank on said:

hi guys well im wondering if the bill is real becuse one day i was walkin in da city and some guy asked me for halp so i halped him n at da end his like hear your tip but i thoght i was a 100 i even said no its ok n he like take so i just put it in my pocket and then left but when i got home i relized it was this bill i was suprized i was like wow is it realy and i googles it and it broght me hear i got the exact bill with seriel n everything on it so can some one pleas let me know how to change it or is it a scam
    email to franck1413@msn.com

12. triby on said:

i also have one of these bills what is this about or what can i do with it thanks

13. peter on said:

i also have one of that bill can u help me exchange it please live an answer

14. peter on said:

can you help me i have that dollar ( one billion dollars ) with serial number JN 316777 AZ but i cant exchang it…i wanna to know how can i do that ..my email is lorepana@yahoo.com …i thank you for your help

15. MMOREJO on said:

how many people have this note as same serial number…?